CUMC Memphis Updates

This site is used for posting updates from CUMC Memphis teams while on assignment worldwide. When the assignment involves security concerns, full names will not be used and locations may not be specified.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday in Hong Kong

NOTE: I'll need to be a bit cryptic to avoid publishing the names of our partners in this region for security.

This morning I connected with a young man who represents the next generation of Christian leaders in China. After a couple hours of very detailed discussions in my hotel room, we ventured out for lunch and then continued our conversations as he showed me around Hong Kong, including how to navigate the subway system and a short ferry ride across the harbor. This is a truly beautiful city...very clean and relatively safe. I was very encouraged by the update on his work and the plans we've made for joint opportunities in 2008. He also returned to my hotel to get a copy of our leadership development materials which he would like to use with many of his contacts in China.

All is well, but I'm about to call it a night!

Blessings! mlw