Friday Morning
Well it seems as if our week here in India has drawn to a close. After coming in from a day of teaching and visiting a Hindu temple, we all packed bags for our Friday morning check out. We still have a couple of classes to teach this Friday morning and a commissioning service to conduct before preparing to begin our long journey home.
Yesterday was an emotional day for me - even more so than the day in the slum areas of Bangalore. We went to visit "the" Hindu temple in Bangalore and I was taken back by the emotions of our visit. I have seen people in pictures and on television worshipping idols, but I have never stood in front of one of their self-made statues, breathed in the aroma of their incense, and watched people come and worship a statue made by human hands. I was overcome by the emotion of hopelessness and sadness in their worship. I found myself not looking at the folly of their ways, but instead I was heartbroken by the lost condition of their souls. Tears began to flow from my eyes as I began praying that God would forgive them of their wickedness and turn them from their sinful ways that only lead to destruction. I could not wait to get out of that temple. My soul screamed at me to leave. I never had been so glad to be out of a place as when we finally exited the building. Being in that Hindu temple had put palpable faces to a world in need of a Savior, and I am sure many of their faces I will never be able to remove from my thoughts (nor from my prayers).
After leaving the temple, we met with the southern leader of OM - Kumar Swamy. He is such a great man of God and I was glad that the team members were able to meet with him, converse with him, and pray with him. He is a man with a heavy heart for the gospel message to be heard and human rights to be granted for all of his kindred brothers and sisters of India. Please keep him and his pastors in your prayers as they face unspeakable persecution in the name of Christ.
Thank you all again for allowing me to share this experience with your team from Christ Church. I also want to say a special thanks to a dear friend of mine - Matthew Winn. I pray for him often and it thrills me to see his devotion to God, as well as the work that God is doing in his life.
May the grace of God be with you,
Truett Nimmons
Yesterday was an emotional day for me - even more so than the day in the slum areas of Bangalore. We went to visit "the" Hindu temple in Bangalore and I was taken back by the emotions of our visit. I have seen people in pictures and on television worshipping idols, but I have never stood in front of one of their self-made statues, breathed in the aroma of their incense, and watched people come and worship a statue made by human hands. I was overcome by the emotion of hopelessness and sadness in their worship. I found myself not looking at the folly of their ways, but instead I was heartbroken by the lost condition of their souls. Tears began to flow from my eyes as I began praying that God would forgive them of their wickedness and turn them from their sinful ways that only lead to destruction. I could not wait to get out of that temple. My soul screamed at me to leave. I never had been so glad to be out of a place as when we finally exited the building. Being in that Hindu temple had put palpable faces to a world in need of a Savior, and I am sure many of their faces I will never be able to remove from my thoughts (nor from my prayers).
After leaving the temple, we met with the southern leader of OM - Kumar Swamy. He is such a great man of God and I was glad that the team members were able to meet with him, converse with him, and pray with him. He is a man with a heavy heart for the gospel message to be heard and human rights to be granted for all of his kindred brothers and sisters of India. Please keep him and his pastors in your prayers as they face unspeakable persecution in the name of Christ.
Thank you all again for allowing me to share this experience with your team from Christ Church. I also want to say a special thanks to a dear friend of mine - Matthew Winn. I pray for him often and it thrills me to see his devotion to God, as well as the work that God is doing in his life.
May the grace of God be with you,
Truett Nimmons
<< Home